Sunday, April 24, 2011

I'm Sick of all These Bunnies

I'm sick of all these bunnies, merrily hopping around my backyard and dropping painted eggs all over the place, smelling it up.  I've already shot thirty-seven of them today, and they just keep coming.  I'm almost out of ammo, and another wave is about to come.  Oh no!  NOOOOoooooooooooo...

Yep, this rant is about the Easter Bunnies.  Those little fluffballs of PURE EVIL!  Those things will kill you if you don't keep a safe distance.  I wonder if they're from Australia...  Wait, they're taking over Australia?!  We're doomed.  Wait, those are normal rabbits.  Nevermind.  Even though I'm sure that rabbits are a massive problem in Australia, I'm mainly concerned with the specific Easter variety.

To me, the Easter Bunny is a prime example of a religion being destroyed from within due to secularization, due to fear of saying what it's really about, fear of telling your own children, due to fear of being a Christian and being mocked by the rest of the world.  Easter was, is, and should forever be a Christian holiday commemorating the resurrection of some rabbi named Jesus; a rabbi who preached a radical new doctrine, exposed the Pharisees as hypocrites, spread the belief in God to those the Jews considered sinners, and was officially executed by Rome for sedition; a rabbi who also claimed to be God Himself; a rabbi whose followers believe that he really was God Himself, performed many miracles including the dead back to life, and even brought Himself back to life after being murdered, and throughout his life never once sinned; a rabbi who through his death and resurrection brought salvation to people other than the Jews; a rabbi with billions of followers today.  Knowing this, how are rabbits even slightly related?

They're not, and yet even churches are encouraging the whole idea of the Easter bunny.  My local church did an egg hunt for the children, which to me wasn't all that cute.  Of course, I'm kind of weird, so it could just be me that wants to kick the bunny out of Easter, and give it entirely to that rabbi I mentioned earlier.  Are you with me, or am I completely insane, or both, or another unlisted option?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright Notice:

All text (unless otherwise attributed) is copyright (C) 2011-2014 Joel "iLag" Hammond and licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 License.
Creative Commons License